Sunday, August 16, 2009

Meet Cecilia

This is my dog, Cecilia. I'll be referencing her quite a bit in this blog, so you'll need to remember the name.

Oh goodness, I CANNOT figure out the spacing on Blogger. Ugh. Sorry for the middle-school-yearbook effect. I need blogging lessons.

Cecilia joined me in December 2005. We (well, the rescue group and vet anyway) think she was ten years old at the time. I had been planning to get a boy dog, but I met her and fell in love. So she got named from the Simon and Garfunkle CD my parents got me for Christmas that year.








Here is an early picture of us hiking. Look how young and innocent we are, back in the good ol' days of 2007.















Here is Cecilia being sassy with her boyfriend, Matty. Notice her jaunty bandana and the sly way she is staking her claim on Matty's paw. I think I must point out that Cecilia is somewhere between seven and ten years older than Matty. She is a not a dog. She is a cougar.**

















Here is a picture of Cecilia and Matty from this summer, chillin' at Fort McHenry.















As you can see, this year has not been so kind to her. She started rocking the Quasimodo look last fall with the tumor on her right shoulder*. Every time you turn around that sucker gets bigger. One day it's going to split right open and a fully grown mini-Cecilia is gonna pop out. Won't that be cool?

Along with the tumor, she also grew a bump on her eye. It's harmless, but it makes one eye produce more gunk than the other. So she's got that going for her, which is nice.

Cecilia is jealous of my laptop. When I'm on the computer she pushes my hand with her nose. Constantly. The only way to stop it is to pull her up on the couch with me. Which explains why I'm contorted around a sprawled dog body in my lap. And there's a fresh batch of eye gunk on the sofa cushion. Oh Cecilia, you're breakin' my heart.

*Note for you My-Dogs-Are-My-Children people: Yes, she's under a vet's care for the tumor. No, we are not going to remove it. No, she is not in any pain. Yes, we have pain meds at the ready in case she does have pain.

**Hey MDAMC people, did you notice that Cecilia has her own seat belt? Because I really do care about her, honest.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cecilia. Nice to know your name! She is a gorgeous girl. Love the profile too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY I found you! Loving your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How weird. I posted a long comment yesterday, and it isn't showing up. I think I said that I really admired you for rescuing a 10 year old dog. And I completely agree with not removing the tumor--did that once a long time ago, and the tumor grew back bigger than before in less than 6 months, and I always felt guilty for putting my dog through the misery of surgery for nothing.

    And the dog/laptop thing cracks me up because just yesterday I was wondering how I could take a picture of me sitting in my chair with the keyboard balanced on one knee and the arm of the chair WITH Sophie comfortably (for her) sleeping in my lap.

    ReplyDelete