Friday, August 14, 2009

It's Like Date-Apalooza Up In Here and Baltimore Restaurant Week Is Making Me Fat

Both of those items are true.

The ironic thing is that I actually do not like going on dates. I generally enjoy dating someone, but the whole awkward-getting-to-know-you-date-stuff does not float my boat. I have a singles event tonight and two dates on Sunday (time management. I'm all about it). My coworkers are thrilled, especially my married-with-two-kids Bosslady who lives vicariously through me. She's all like "For crying out loud, I hope you kiss someone this weekend." Because the sad but true fact is that I have not kissed anyone since my evil ex-boyfriend. In 2005. (How embarrassing, right?)

Sadly, I will not be able to share all of the gory details of my dates. Because what if a suitor of mine happens upon my blog? Yikes!

Moving on...

I can't really say that restaurant week is solely responsible for making me fat. I have to blame part of it on my food friend. FF and I have the same taste in food and we both love trying new places, so we are all about restaurant week. Of course FF is 6 feet tall and a runner, so it's a little easier for him to slough off the effects of restaurant week.

Usually if I'm going out to eat I'll try to eat half my dinner and take the rest home. Not so with FF! If we go together we each eat half of the appetizer, entree and dessert and then trade. So I'm basically eating double dinners. I try to work it so that FF gets the bigger portion, but when jumbo lump crab is on the plate all bets are off.

They've just extended restaurant week. I'm going to pretend I don't know that.

4 comments:

  1. Juice!

    Love the new blog! And you are funny, just like you mentioned in your other blog. and seriously, is that you???? I think all we've seen are hiking pics of you. That is a very glamorous shot!

    Ugh. Just came back from Tahoe and too many meals out and too much junk in between, and I just kept eating it, because it all tasted SO GOOD. But my stomach felt SO BAD. I'm more than ready to get back on the straight and narrow.

    Loved the post and comments about guns too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeay! I found your blog! It's weekend-time up in here, so in 0.7 seconds someone will be schreeching "moooooooooommyyyyyyyy!" Love the new blog and wow! What a photo! Maybe sometime I'll post one of me where I'm not all sweaty and grungy, tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the compliments guys! That pic was taken last weekend at my HS reunion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. really? i always LOVED dating, but since i've married, i've given it up, nice hun? anyway- i love to talk about myself & hate to pay for food, so the whole date thing was right up my alley :)

    ReplyDelete