Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Post

Oh my goodness. The pressure! Will I be pithy? funny? amusing? entertaining? None of the above?

Today let's talk about buying men gifts. Specifically my brother in law. For starters, the man lives across the country. So it's not like I know his daily habits. Would he enjoy a Starb*cks card, or is he in a committed relationship with a local coffeehouse? [OK, even knowing my brother in law just a little I think he's more likely to be a pot of coffee at home kind of guy instead of mingling with some hippie-coffee-roasting commmies. But really, what do I know?] Well, I do know that my BIL likes to hunt. Would sending a gun across the country send the wrong message? "Hey! Happy Birthday! Don't pull a Dick Cheney on my sister, ok?!" And is the correct terminology actually a gun? Or is it a rifle? Shotgun?

So no gun. Or Starb*cks. Which leaves me to my backup plan: ask my sister what to get. Per her advice my BIL is getting a Target gift card.

Who knows, maybe he'll buy a rifle.

1 comment: